WEST NORFOLK COMMUNITY TRANSPORT PROJECT LTD AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANY WNCT LTD, TRADING AS GO TO TOWN.
This is the privacy notice for WEST NORFOLK COMMUNITY TRANSPORT PROJECT LTD AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANY WNCT LTD, TRADING AS GO TO TOWN.
Our registered address is: Unit 7&8 Merchants Close, Oldmedow Road, Kings Lynn, Norfolk PE30 4JX.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This notice sets out the obligations of West Norfolk Community Transport project Ltd under GDPR and how we will collect, process and use client information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and being clear on how we use personal information that we hold. We understand that you are entitled to know that your personal data will not be used for any unintended purpose.
You have rights and we have obligations in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. You can learn more about your rights here: www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
Our policy complies with UK law, including that required by the EU General Data Protection regulation (GDPR). This policy is effective from May 25th 2018.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
- When you give it to us directly,
For example, personal information that you submit through our website or any personal data your share with us when you communicate with us by email, phone or post.
- When we obtain in indirectly
Your personal information may be shared with us by third parties, including our sub-contractors, and organisations that contract us to provide services.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
West Norfolk Community Transport Project Ltd may use your personal information:
- To deliver our passenger transport services
- To answer questions/requests and communicate in general
- To analyse and improve our work and services or for our internal records
- To audit and/or administer our accounts
- To satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us
- For the prevention of fraud or misuse of our service
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
West Norfolk Community Transport Project Ltd will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others. However, we may disclose your personal information to selected third party processors for the purposes outlined above. Third parties are obligated to use any personal data they received in accordance with our instructions.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
West Norfolk Community Transport Project Ltd will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alterations of your personal information and will store personal information you provide on our secure server.
- Hard copy-within locked cabinets
- Electronic copy-within folders in a designated drive on server
Your personal information given to our drivers,
- Will be used by the driver only and returned to the office or destroyed as soon as they have completed their days work
- Will be in a folder so the information cannot be seen by anyone else
- Not discussed with anyone else, for any reason
Data will not be retained using the following methods:
- Email server- beyond initial period for processing and verification of processing
West Norfolk Community Transport Project Ltd undertakes the following procedures to ensure good working practice when processing data:
- When unattended PC’s will be locked using a password
- All PC’s have a screen saver that obscures the screen which are activated after no more than 2 minutes activity and are password protected.
- All cabinets containing hard copies of data are locked and the keys kept in a secure locked environment.
These procedures are audited to ensure compliance on a 6 monthly basis. West Norfolk Community Transport Project Ltd will notify the data controller without delay after becoming aware of a data breach, as per contracts and agreements in place.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will generally remove your personal information from our records six years after the date that it was collected unless
- a) We are required to hold for longer legal or regulatory purposes; or
- b) It is still required in connection with the purpose for which it was collected and /or processed.
However, we will remove your personal information from our records before this date if we become aware that
- a) Your personal information is no longer required in connection with such purpose(s);
- b) We are no longer lawfully entitled to process it;
- c) You validly exercise one of your rights of erasure.
YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFRENECES
West Norfolk Community Transport Project Ltd may contact you by post, telephone, email or social media.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the information Commissioners Office at http://ico.org.uk/concerns/
In the implementation of this policy, the organisation may process personal data and/or special category personal data collected in accordance with its GDPR and data protection policy. Data collected from the point at which this policy is invoked will only inform the organisation for the benefit of implementing this policy. All data is held securely and accessed by, and disclosed to, individuals only for the purposes of this policy. Inappropriate access or disclosure of employee data constitutes a data breach and should be reported in accordance with the organisation's GDPR and data protection policy immediately. It may also constitute a disciplinary offence, which will be dealt with under the organisation's disciplinary procedure.